Early kitten neutering
Kitten Neutering Database (KiND) Micro site
On this site you will find:
Visit the dedicated Kitten Neutering Database website
- Links and articles to the scientific evidence supporting four month neutering
- A suggested anaesthetic protocol in a quick reference format
- A video produced for vets by vets, taking you through male and female surgery
- The public and veterinary Kitten Neutering Database
- Resources to help you train your team
- How to become a kitten neutering champion and place your practice on both databases
Kitten Quad by Elliot Yates
This App enables UK vets to calculate doses of an unlicensed quad anaesthetic combination to carry out early neutering in kittens.
Quad app by Elliot Yates - available on the App store - Click here
CP Earlier neutering principles - Anaesthetic quad protocol chart - PDF - Download
Cats Protection - A guide to pre-pubertal neutering
Produced for viewing by the veterinary profession
This video has been produced as a training aid so contains close up detailed images of surgery. Some viewers may find this version too graphic and will prefer to see a lay version produced for the general public also below.
View the lay version
CPD record card for vets and veterinary nurses
Please download the self-recording card after completion of Cat’s Protection’s free CPD opportunities – after watching ‘A guide to pre-pubertal neutering’ - our veterinary earlier neutering video above or after completing - Understanding Feline Origins (UFO) - our free online feline behaviour course.
Self recording card - PDF - 2MB - Download