Ways to help by Volunteering
The branch is run entirely by the generosity of volunteers giving up their time. Here are some of the ways in which you can help;
- Help at fund raising events - we regularly attend stalls at various events round the county and are always looking for helpers to run these stalls. It is a great way of helping the cats and kittens in our care as it raises much needed funds and is also a great way of meeting other people. It is good fun!
- Hold a fund raising event - coffee mornings and bring-and-buy sales are always popular events
- Making cakes and preserves - for sale at fund raising events
- Collect - bric-a-brac, tombola prizes, used stamps, articles for sale, cuddly toys, etc
- Fostering - (see pic below) we need people to foster cats and kittens on a short term basis whilst they are looking for their new homes. This could mean the installation of a cat pen in your garden or giving up a spare room for a mum and her kittens. All expenses are paid for by the branch.
- Trapping cats - we have feral colonies which need to be neutered and need volunteers to carry out this vital task
- Home visiting - before a cat or kitten is rehomed, we carry out home visits to make sure the new home and owners are suitable for their chosen cat
- Office duties - If you are patient and have a sympathetic ear we would love you to help us answer the telephone. Dealing with the public in a firm and pleasant manner, you would need to provide advice on a wide variety of topics. There are also various tasks involving paperwork which need to be kept up-to-date.
To find out more about volunteering for the Framlingham & Saxmundam Cats Protection branch, please call us on 01728 723499 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.