National Black Cat Day 2017 - Terms & Conditions
Please read the terms and conditions before entering our photo competition.
- By entering this competition you are deemed to accept these terms & conditions.
- No purchase is necessary.
- This competition is open to residents of the UK only.
- All cats entered into the competition must be currently alive and residing in the UK.
- If you are under 18 or do not pay the bill please check with the bill payer before entering.
- The competition is open for entries from midday on Monday 2 October 2017 and closes at midday on Friday 20 October 2017 (the “Competition Period”).
- Entrants must enter a photo and description of their rescued, re-homed or adopted black or black and white cat by posting it using the hashtags #BlackCatRevolution and #BlackCatDay and tagging @CatsProtection on Twitter or Instagram. Entrants may also access and enter the competition via the Cats Protection Facebook page or via the Cats Protection website using the Woobox app entry form.
- Entries will be moderated by Cats Protection staff and may be removed if considered inconsistent with Cats Protection’s policies on animal welfare. Cats Protection reserves the right to disqualify entries which it determines in its absolute discretion to be racist, sexist, offensive, obscene, defamatory, abusive, insensitive, hateful, upsetting, illegal or otherwise inappropriate in any way.
- The entries will be shortlisted by a Cats Protection panel consisting of no less than 2 full time Cats Protection staff members. One winner and six runners up will be selected through a public vote held within the Woobox app from midday on 23 October 2017 and midday 26 October 2017. The criteria for judging the merit of valid entries shall be at the sole discretion of Cats Protection. In the event of any dispute relating to the competition, the decision of Cats Protection is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- The winner will be announced on the Cats Protection Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages on 27 October 2017. Winners will be contacted within 7 days of the closing date. If we are unable to contact a winner for technical reasons (e.g. a private Facebook profile with no facility to message or friend request), or do not receive a response from the winner within seven days, another winner will be selected and contacted.
- By entering this competition all entrants confirm that:
i) they hold the copyright and all other rights in the photographs they enter and they do not contain any material which is the work of and/or belongs to a third party; and
ii) upon entry, he/she assigns all rights (including but not limited to copyright) in the photo to Cats Protection and further agrees that Cats Protection may make full use of the photographs including modifying and /or publishing on Cats Protection website, using them on Cats Protection social media and in any marketing communications (both online and offline) including in social and any other media.
- The winners agree that by taking part they will participate with and in publicity for the competition. There will be no payment for this.
- The prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. The prizes are as follows:-
The First prize winner will win two tickets to Cats Protection’s National Cat Awards on 2 August 2018 (travel and accommodation expenses not included), an exclusive National Black Cat Day drawing by Simon’s Cat and a selection of cat-themed goodies including items from Cats Protection’s online gift shop and Freakmeowt Catnip.
The Six other runners up will win some cat themed goodies including items from Cats Protection’s online gift shop, and Freakmeowt Catnip.
- Entrants’ personal data will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s prior consent. Personal Data stored will only be kept for as long as needed and in accordance with the entrant’s permission before being destroyed.
- By entering this competition, entrants acknowledge that it is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook and agree to release Facebook from any liability in relation to the competition or its administration.
- All those involved with the competition assume no liability for any loss, damage or injury, including without limitation: <style="margin-right: 0px;">
(i) delayed, misdirected, late, destroyed, illegible or incomplete entries;
(ii) loss, theft or damage to software or computer data, including any breach of privacy;
(iii) fraudulent entries;
(iv) inability of any person to participate in the competition for any reason including technical, computer or telephone malfunctions or other problems with computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, or software; congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination of the foregoing;
(v) damage to any person’s devices or data, including as a result of playing or downloading any material relating to the Contest;
(vi) any delay or inability to act resulting from an event or situation beyond their control.
- By participating in this competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Cats Protection reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions or cancel this competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control (i.e there are not enough entrants or force majeure exists). The decisions of Cats Protection with respect to any dispute or issue involving a contest are final and binding on all contestants.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and entrants agree to irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in respect of any dispute arising out of or in connection with them.
- You can contact us in relation to this competition at the Publications & Digital department, National Cat Centre, Chelwood Gate, Haywards Heath, East Sussex RH17 7TT