Setting up a Just Giving page
SETTING UP A JUST GIVING PAGE
The following is a set of instructions on how to set up a fundraising page on the Just Giving
website so that all the funds you raise are donated directly the Cats Protection Glasgow Branch.
OK, let's get started.
- Go to the Just Giving website, and login to or create a new account (if you don't already have one)
- Click on the tab 'Your pages'
- Click on the button 'Make a new page'
- In the search box at the top of the screen type 'cats protection' and click on the button 'Search'
- When the search results are returned, click on the link 'Cats Protection'
You are now in a page which states you are raising money for Cats Protection (yay!)
- Click on the button 'Personal Challenge'
- In the drop-down box containing the text 'Please select an activity' select the option that best describes the fundraising activity that you are going to do, e.g. a personal run/marathon
- In the blank text box below the drop-down box enter the name of the event that you will be fundraising in. e.g. BUPA Great Women's 10K
- In the section 'Is your charity contributing to the cost of you fundraising' ensure that the option 'No' is selected
- Click on the button 'Create your page'
You have created your page. Congratulations! But you still have some details to fill in...
- In the section 'Your fundraising summary' ensure that the summary mentions CATS PROTECTION GLASGOW BRANCH (use capital letters to help our name stick out), e.g.
I'm running the Bupa Great Women's 10K for my chosen charity because CATS PROTECTION GLASGOW BRANCH is helping Glasgow's feral, stray and unwanted cats
- In the section 'Your Story' ensure that the following text is at the top of the text in this section (make the text bold and underline it to help it stick out)
I'M FUNDRAISING FOR CATS PROTECTION GLASGOW BRANCH
- Complete the rest of the page with as much information, pictures and you would like to add, then click on the button 'Continue'
That's you done. Thanks for helping us out!