Please take a look at the role description below and if you think home visiting might be for you, or you would like further information, please email us at email@example.com
or please call us on 01908 984799.
Volunteer Role Description
Home Visitor Volunteer
‘We feel our volunteering helps go towards finding a loving home for another homeless cat’.
How you will make a difference to cats and people:
Helen and John Mole, Downham Market Adoption Centre.
Cats Protection helps thousands of cats across the UK each year thanks to our network of dedicated volunteers. As a home visitor you will help Cats Protection give cats and kittens in our care a second chance of a happy and healthy life by finding an ideal new home for them in your local community. How volunteering for Cats Protection can make a big difference to you:
What the role involves:
- You will get a lot of personal satisfaction and enjoyment from your volunteering role,
- You will have the opportunity to make a real difference to cats and kittens in your community and across the UK,
- You will be able to develop new skills, expand your knowledge and use your existing expertise,
- You will meet new people, make new friendships and work as part of a dedicated team,
- You will become a key member in the UK’s largest feline charity.
- Visiting potential adopters in their home, providing them with helpful information on basic cat care and the type of cats that would be suitable for their needs and environment,
- Communicating and working with potential adopters to complete a homing questionnaire,
- Working closely with other volunteers and staff to identify suitable matches based on the information obtained from visits and the nature of cats in care,
- Carrying out follow up communications if required.
Skills and experience which are expected and/or can be developed in this role:
- Basic knowledge of cats and cat care,
- An appreciation of suitable rehoming environments,
- Good interpersonal skills,
- Good level of record keeping/administration skills,
- Patience and the ability to deal with sensitive situations,
- Good communication skills,
- Committed to working with others to find homes for the cats in our care,
- A valid driving licence would be an advantage.
This is a very flexible role and the amount of time spent volunteering will be dependent on the demand for home visits. The average home visits takes approximately 30 minutes. This role can be shared by more than one volunteer.