Cats Protection does it for FREE!
Free neutering for cats living in the Cairngorms!
Never mind if you’ve not yet had your cat neutered – now is your chance!
Cats Protection – the UK’s leading cat welfare charity – is offering people living in the Cairngorms the unique opportunity to have their cats neutered totally free of charge during the month of August. But you must act now, as it’s first come, first served.The charity will also be attending the Black Isle Show, at Mannfield Showground, Muir of Ord, Ross-Shire (4-5 August), so that visitors can find out more and register to receive a voucher which will enable them to have their cat neutered for free.
- Neutering offers cats of all ages some solid benefits:
- It prevents unwanted kittens - one unneutered female cat can be responsible for 20,000 descendants in just five years
- It benefits the health of cats - making them less likely to fight and pass on life-threatening diseases transmitted by bites and saliva
- Neutered male cats are less likely to display territorial behaviour such as spraying
Lona Johnson, the charity’s Regional Development Manager said: “Cats Protection believes having your cat neutered is an essential part of responsible cat ownership. The charity neuters over 150,000 cats and kittens each year – that’s at least 411 neutering operations every day.”
Neutering a pet cat will also help protect the purity of Scottish wildcats roaming the Cairngorm National Park. Lona said: “Cats Protection is supporting the Cairngorms ‘Highland Tiger’ Project by neutering domestic or feral cats to prevent cross-breeding with Scottish wildcats. We are appealing for owners to support us, so if you haven’t yet had your cat neutered, then do give us a call or visit us at the Black Isle Show.”
The charity recommends the neutering of domestic cats from four months of age, but you should seek advice from your vet for each individual cat. For further information, or to obtain a free neutering voucher, please call Cats Protection’s national Helpline on 03000 12 12 12.
Cats Protection is the UK’s leading cat welfare charity and helps over 193,000 unwanted cats each year through a national network of 256 volunteer-run branches and 29 adoption centres. The charity’s vision is a world where every cat is treated with kindness and an understanding of its needs.
~ ends ~
Notes to editors:
1. Cats Protection’s registered charity number is 203644 (England and Wales) and SCO37711 (Scotland). The charity’s vision is a world where every cat is treated with kindness and an understanding of its needs.
2. Founded as the Cats Protection League in 1927, the charity adopted the name Cats Protection in 1998. We ask that you use the name Cats Protection when referring to the charity in all published material.
3. The Black Isle Show 2010 takes place at Mannsfield Showground, Muir of Ord, Ross-Shire on 4-5 August. For further information please log on to http://www.blackisleshow.info/index.asp?PageID=13
4. For further information on the Cairngorms ‘Highland Tiger’ Project, please visit http://www.highlandtiger.com/index.asp