Undertake work experience with us
We welcome people who are interested in gaining work experience at Cats Protection, whether its contributing towards a Duke of Edinburgh Award or as part of the RVC. Any student aged 14 years and over is welcome to contact us for further details.
A work experience placement with Cats Protection's North London Adoption Centre will involve learning about a variety of tasks, including:
- assisting with caring for cats in the Adoption Centre
- helping feed and water the cats
- assisting with deliveries
- cleaning out cat pens
- dealing with customer enquiries
- assisting with veterinary visits
- assisting staff with checking the health of our cats
At the centre you will be working with both the public and our cats and kittens in a busy environment.
As a student on work experience with us, you will need to be:
- hardworking, polite, enthusiastic and ready to get stuck in;
- interested in animals (although no specialist knowledge is required);
- able to follow instructions effectively;
- a good communicator; and
- able to work independently.
The work at the centre is physically demanding, so work experience students will be expected to work hard whilst on a placement. However, we want you to have fun too, and many activities are enjoyable and rewarding, particularly getting to working closely with the cats in our care.
Students need to be at the centre and ready for work at 9am each morning. You will finish your day's work at 6pm. Before applying you must consider how you will get to the centre on time during your placement. We retain the right to cancel a placement at any time.
We ask that jewellery be removed before work for health and safety reasons.
Our work experience programme is voluntary and unpaid.
There is limited availability for places on the programme, so please contact us as early as possible to avoid disappointment. For all enquiries please contact our Volunteer Team Leader Jess Wager at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!