The 2.6 Challenge - Get involved, have fun, help cats!
24 April 2020
Cats Protection, like so many charities across the UK, have been hugely impacted by the cancellation of thousands of fundraising events due to COVID-19.
In response, the organisers of the biggest mass participation sports events across the country have come together to create a new campaign to raise vital funds to help our fundraising and save the UK’s charities.
What is the 2.6 Challenge?
The 2.6 Challenge has launched, with supporters being encouraged to join in from Sunday 26 April - what should have been the date of the 40th London Marathon (26.2 miles), the world’s biggest one day annual fundraising event, which raised £66.4 million for charities in 2019.
All supporters need to do is dream up an activity based around the numbers 2.6 or 26 that suits their skills and donate or fundraise for Cats Protection.
26 ideas to get involved:
|1. Bake 26 cat cupcakes or biscuits
2. Do 26 minutes of yoga with your cat
3. Chop 26cm off the length of your hair
4. Knit 26 catnip mice
5. Create 26 cat shapes on a fitness app
6. Create a cat calendar and sell 26 copies
7. Virtual cat quiz with 26 questions
8. Do a sweepstake with 26 people
9. Tell 26 jokes live online via your social media pages – people can sponsor you to stop if they are bad enough
10. Clear 26 items out of your loft/wardrobe to sell (when this is all over)
|11. Do a virtual treasure hunt with 26 prizes
12. Do a live concert from home with 26 songs – people can sponsor you to stop if they are bad enough 😆
13. Cartwheel the equivalent of 2.6 miles
14. Walk or run 2.6 miles / 26 miles / 260 miles – not in one day of course
15. Hop 260 times around your home or garden
16. Skip 26 times for 26 days or 260 times in one day 😳
17. For each 26 letters in the alphabet tick something off you’ve not done before starting with A…
18. Cycle 2.6 miles / 26 miles / 260 miles – not in one day of course
19. Ice bath challenge – stay in an ice bath for 26 seconds for 26 days in a row
20. Climb your stairs / steps 260 times – up and down!
21. Chip or putt 26 balls into the hole
22. Try and achieve 26 Keepy Uppies
23. Juggle for 26 minutes or 2.6 minutes without stopping
24. Read 26 pages of a book or read for 2.6 hours without stopping
25. Stay silent for 26 hours
26. Stay blindfolded for 26 hours
The 2.6 Challenge is open to anyone of any age – the only requirement is that the activity must follow the Government guidelines on exercise and social distancing and remember to stay local.
How do people get involved?
This link is unique for Cats Protection supporters and takes them to the 2.6 Challenge sign up page, it’s really quick and easy to do.