THE CATEGORIES - Adult and Children (16yr and under):
- Poems can be any length up to a maximum of one side of an A4 document
- Entrants may submit as many poems as they wish.
- Entry charge £ 1 per poem.
- Payment to be made by bank transfer (details will be provided upon submission)
- The final date for submission is 22nd June 2020. Entries received after that date will not be entered into the competition.
- Entries to be emailed to email@example.com. Emails will not be used outside of this competition
Cat section titles:
In Praise of Cats
The Cat Who Visits
Big Cats (i.e. lions, tigers etc)
General section titles:
Learnings from Lockdown
Things I appreciate
The winner of each category will receive a rosette and a certificate
2nd and 3rd place in each category will receive a certificate
Overall Winner will receive a rosette, a certificate and a ballpoint pen and notebook.
The judges decisions are final. Judging will be by two judges who are not members of the Branch and who are both qualified in poetry. They are Joseph Parsonage and Ruth Caddick.
There is a zero tolerance to aggressive or abusive behaviour, this will result in a ban
The final date for submission is 22nd June 2020. Entries received after that date will not be entered into the competition
Entries will not be considered until payment has been received.
The Branch would like to compile all entries into a book to sell to raise funds. When you submit your entry you will be asked if you agree to us including your entry/entries in this publication. (Copyright remains the property of the author).