Shop Assistant Volunteer
The Cats Protection shop in Cambridge (172 Mill Road, CB1 3LP) is an important fund-raiser for the work of our branch. Do you love sorting things out? Or perhaps you are a people person who can also learn the systems and serve at our till? The shop team would appreciate offers of help from volunteers who can commit to a regular shift.
New volunteers will help us expand our opening hours to raise more funds. Typically our volunteers work 2 or 3 hour shifts. Currently we are only open on Tue/Thur/Sat but with a growing volunteer team, we hope to expand our opening hours soon.
Our Saturday team is now full and busy training so that we can expand hours. If you are interested in volunteering on weekdays to help us raise funds to help local cats, please message us at email@example.com What can you expect to be doing?
Our volunteers each carry out some of the tasks needed for the day to day running of our shop.
- Are you a people person? We need to serve customers and donors.
- Do you have retail cashier experience? Some of our volunteers need to be trained to use our computerised till system.
- Do you love sorting things out? We have a constant flow of kind donations from our supporters that need to be sorted and prepared for sale.
- Do you have an eye for detail? Arranging and replenishing stock is very important as we also need to keep our shop looking appealing, with fresh stock and a tidy environment.
- Are you passionate about cats? Our volunteers all do their bit to promote the work of the Cats Protection in Cambridge.
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by contributing to the smooth running of a Cats Protection shop and helping raise the funds needed to help cats and kittens in need. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers. We’re also keen to hear from those with experience in managing other volunteers.
Please contact the shop team:firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you!