Speaking Up for Cats
Cats Protection advocacy team is ‘speaking up for cats’ by running campaigns to change cat care for the better across the UK. The Cats Protection advocacy team works to influence politicians and other key decision makes to make the UK better for cats. All of the campaigns are based on cat welfare issues.
Jacqui Cuff, Advocacy Manager says: “One of our aims is to make sure cats are not forgotten by decision makers. Cats are often regarded as not needing protection, that they are able to look after themselves. However they do need protection and through our advocacy work we are highlighting where policy change is needed.”
Some of the Cats Protection Advocacy campaigns include:
Some recent advocacy activity
Ways to Get Involved
- Purrfect Landlords - find out more
- Air weapons Home Office consultation - click here
- 2022 Agenda - click here
- Airguns petition - click here
- Cats and kittens sales campaign - click here
- Read the advice from the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau about fraudsters operating selling online kittens and puppies - click here
- Membership of the Pet Advertising Advisory Group - click here
Follow the Advocacy and Government Relations team on Twitter @CPAdvocacy
If you want to read more about the challenges facing cats and the work that is happening to support this go to the Speaking Up Where We Stand Cats Protection information.
Write to the Advocacy and Government Relations Manager at; National Cat Centre, Chelwood Gate, Haywards Heath, East Sussex, RH17 7TT