The role of a home visitor is to visit the home of someone interested in adopting a cat from our branch.
These are often breif visits to help ensure our cats are going to homes suitible to their needs and will be living in a safe and happy environment. A home visit is also a great opportunity for a adoptee to ask any questions and find a cat that fits their family.
We would like visitors from a varity of towns/villages within our district so all visits are fairly local to the home visitor.
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by helping match them to the perfect forever home. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We’re looking for someone with
- Basic knowledge of cats and cat care
- An understanding of suitable homing environment
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Record keeping and administration skills
- Patience and the ability to deal with sensitive situations
- A valid driving licence (would be an advantage, but is not essential)
This is a flexible role and the amount of time spent volunteering will depend on the need for home visits. The average home visits takes approximately 30 minutes, and this role can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.
If you would like to find out more about this role, please contact via:
Telephone: 0345 260 2390