Like so many charities, our fundraising has been severely hit by the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Our shops have had to close and many fundraising events have been put on pause. The 2.6 Challenge is your chance to help! What is it?
It is a national, virtual challenge set up to help save the UK’s charities and we think it's the cat’s whiskers! You can read more about it here: 2.6 ChallengeWhen is it?
The 2.6 Challenge launched on Sunday 26 April (the same day as the London Marathon - the world's biggest one-day annual fundraising event - would have taken place).Meow! How can I get involved?
To take part, all you need to do is come up with a challenge involving the numbers 2 and 6.
Then, set up a fundraising page
and ask all your pawsome friends, family and colleagues to support you as you complete your 2.6 Challenge. Looking for ideas?
1. Chop 26cm off the length of your hair
2. Host a virtual cat quiz with 26 questions
3. Tell 26 jokes live online via your social media pages – people can sponsor you to stop if they are bad enough!
4. Do 26 minutes of yoga or fitness with your cat
5. Clear 26 items out of your loft or wardrobe to sell (when lockdown is over)
6. Do a sweepstake with 26 people
7. Bake 26 cat cupcakes or biscuits – find a pawsome recipe here
8. Cartwheel the equivalent of 2.6 miles
9. Walk or run 2.6 miles/26 miles/260 miles – not in one day of course!
10. Hop 260 times around your home or garden
11. For each of the 26 letters in the alphabet tick something off you’ve not done before, starting with A…
12. Knit 26 catnip mice – here's a handy knitting pattern
13. Cycle 2.6 miles/26 miles/260 miles – not in one day of course!
14. Try to do 26 keepy uppies in a row
15. Climb your stairs or steps 260 times – up and down!
16. Juggle for 26 minutes or 2.6 minutes without stopping
17. Read 26 pages of a book or read for 2.6 hours without stopping
The 2.6 Challenge was created in response to the significant impact the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis has had on many charities, including Cats Protection.
The funds you raise will go towards food, shelter and care, and enable us to plan for the future to ensure cats continue to be supported whenever they need us.
To take part, just set up your fundraising page and don’t forget to share your pictures of your challenge on social media using #TwoPointSixChallenge and #CatsProtection.
If you would like to donate to us your local branch to help us continue looking after and caring for some very needy cats you can donate here