Cats Protection Fosterer
26 November 2020
Could you be a Cats Protection Fosterer?
Across Cats Protection there are thousands of cats and kittens needing temporary homes until they find their forever families. Many of our feline friends are cared for by volunteer fosterers in their homes or in purpose built pens in their gardens. Most of our volunteer fosterers care for one or two cats at a time, which makes a huge difference and gives these cats a second chance at a happy life. They provide vital hands on care and accommodation to stray, abandoned or injured cats and are part of a dedicated team of volunteers committed to finding new homes for cats in need.
What you can expect to be doing:-
- Meeting the needs of the cats in your care
- Maintaining minimum veterinary and cat care standards
- Cleaning and looking after the cats environment and equipment
- Feeding, grooming and administering medication (such as flea and worm treatments)
- Spending time enriching the cats experience in care including; play, exercise and stroking
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens in need by caring for them before they find new loving homes. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We're looking for someone with:-
- Basic knowledge of cats and cat care
- An appreciation of cat and hygiene standards
- Good interpersonal skills
- Patience, perseverance and empathy
- Willingness to be part of a team
Our volunteer fosterers usually spend 3 to 5 hours per day in this role, but this might vary depending on the number of cats in care.
If you feel you could take up the Coventry Cat Volunteer challenge, and have a real interest in cat welfare, then please contact us on:- 0845 260 3280 clearly stating your name, full address and contact telephone number or email us via our Contact Us page.