Harrow Homing Centre - Opening Event Postponed
13 March 2020
Harrow Opening Event postponed
Cats Protection is postponing the Harrow Opening Event due to take place on Saturday 14 March in consideration of the potential impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) for our staff, volunteers and supporters.
We are truly grateful for the all the support we have received over recent months to prepare for the opening of the Harrow Homing Centre including the kind donations to our Amazon Wishlist and contributions to our Pen Appeal. We hope to be able to schedule a future date to celebrate with everyone and will keep you updated.
Harrow Homing Centre will still be open tomorrow (Saturday 14th March) as usual from noon until 4.30pm for people who feel comfortable to visit and may be looking to adopt a cat, but there will be no event activities, tours or entertainment.
Guidance for visitors to the centre
We want to reassure you that Cats Protection is constantly reviewing the latest advice from Public Health England in relation to COVID-19 to ensure we have suitable measures in place.
In the Harrow Homing Centre, we will:
- provide hand washing facilities
- provide access to hand sanitisers where appropriate
- restrict the number of people able to enter the building at any given time
We also would encourage you to:
- stay home if you’re sick; if you have a high temperature or continuous cough, or are in a high risk group such as those with long term health conditions
- clean your hands often
- avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
We value your support and hope that you will be able to visit us soon.
More information is available here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/