Rehoming your cat
Cats Protection takes the welfare of the cats and kittens in their care very seriously and maintain the highest standards of welfare.
Cats Protection will never put a healthy cat to sleep.
Please be aware that we are a very small branch and we have a limited number of spaces available to look after cats at any time. We do have a waiting list for cats waiting to come into branch care.
If you have to take the difficult decision to surrender your cat to our care, you should be assured that your cat will come into a rescue environment which has the welfare of the cat above everything else. Please contact Lichfield and Tamworth Cats Protection on 0345 371 2741 or email@example.com.
If you surrender your cat to Lichfield and Tamworth Branch, you can expect the following:
- There will be only one cat per pen, unless cats come into care together. Your cat or cats will be fostered in their own space, they will never be put in with other cats or allowed to mix with other cats whilst in branch care.
- Fosterers who adopt in their homes will have a dedicated foster room for that cat. The cats will not be free-roaming in the house. This to ensure the foster space can be properly cleaned and minimise the risk of disease passing between cats.
- You may be able to see the place where the cat will be staying. Please ask the Welfare Team Leader.
- We have only limited space in our branch and those in greatest need will be prioritised so there may be a wait for a space for your cat.
- You will be asked to complete and sign an officially-branded Cats Protection acceptance form.
- You will not be asked to pay any money or make a donation to secure a place for your cat.
- The fosterer may be able to let you know how your cat is doing whilst in our care – please speak to the Welfare Tam Leader to discuss.
If any of the above standards are not met, you are not surrendering your cat to Lichfield and Tamworth Cats Protection Branch. If you have any concerns please take the time to call the National Helpline and ask them if the place you are surrendering your cat to is Cats Protection.
We love the cats in our care as if they were our own and we recognise that the rescue environment is stressful for cats. We will do everything we can to keep cats happy during their time with us and give them the dedicated attention they deserve whilst we find them their new home.