• You are here:
  • Home

Anti-Freeze Can Kill

01 January 2009
Anti-Freeze Can Kill

Ethylene glycol, the main ingredient in almost all major antifreeze brands, has an inviting aroma, a sweet flavour and a deadly aftertaste. Its appealing smell and taste often tempt animals and children to drink the highly poisonous substance.

To reduce the risk of poisoning, all brands of antifreeze should be handled carefully and treated as a highly poisonous substance.

You should always take care to ensure that antifreeze is stored well away from animals and children, antifreeze spills are completely cleaned up, and leaks are immediately repaired.