Lost and found volunteer
Please take a look at the role description below and if you think helping to reunite lost cats with their owners might be for you, or you would like further information, please email us at enquiries@Miltonkeynes.cats.org.uk
or please call us on 01908 984799.
Volunteer Role Description
Lost and Found Cats Volunteer
‘Volunteering for Cats Protection has given me the opportunity to make a real difference to lives, not only for the cats that we rescue but also to the people that we meet along the way.’ Julie Seymour, Mid Warwickshire Branch.
How you will make a difference to cats and people:
Cats Protection helps thousands of cats across the UK each year thanks to our network of dedicated volunteers. Reuniting lost cats with their owners is extremely rewarding, this role works with others to help lost cats find their way home and bring families back together. What the role involves:
Skills and experience which are expected and/or can be developed in this role:
- Responding to enquiries from the general public about lost and found cats in your area,
- Keeping up to date and detailed records of lost and founds cats in your community,
- Investigating and matching those cats which are reported lost with those that reported found, injured or in Cats Protection’s care,
- Working with other volunteers and staff to advertise lost and found cats,
- Providing help and information in reuniting cats with their owners..
- Good interpersonal skills,
- Good level of record keeping/administration skills,
- Good IT skills,
- Patience and the ability to deal with sensitive situations,
- Good communication skills,
- A passion for investigation,
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
This is a very flexible role; time spent by other volunteers in this role is approximately 2-3 hours per week. This role can be shared by more than one volunteer.