Publicity Team Leader
Please take a look at the role description below and, if you think looking after publicity for the branch might be for you, or you would like further information, please email us at email@example.com, or call us on 01908 984799.
Role Description - Publicity Team Leader
"I volunteer for Cats Protection because every action changes the world for some cat, somewhere." - Jeanette Greaves, Preston branch.
How you will make a difference to cats and people:
As a publicity team leader, you will guide and support your team of publicity volunteers, ensuring that the vision of Cats Protection and the activities and achievements of your volunteer group are widely publicised in your local community.
What the role involves:
Skills and experience which are expected and/or can be developed in this role:
- You will work closely with the newsletter, social media and website volunteers, advising them on the focus of content in the newsletter, on social media and on the website,
- You will work with other volunteers to ensure that information and multimedia promoted is positive, accurate and consistent with the aims of the charity,
- You will also work with your group committee and NCC to organise media campaigns and respond to local media requests.
Time this role requires:
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well with a range of people,
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team,
- Ability to prioritise and delegate tasks,
- Good IT skills,
- Editorial skills and experience in PR/marketing would be an advantage.
This is a flexible role and can be shared with other volunteers. It is not unusual for Publicity Team Leaders to volunteer for 3-4 hours per week.