Please take a look at the role description below and, if you think a branch secretary role might be for you, or you would like further information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us on 01908 984799.
Role Description - Branch Secretary
"I volunteer for Cats Protection because every action changes the world for some cat, somewhere." - Jeanette Greaves, Preston Branch.
How you will make a difference to cats and people:
Cats Protection helps thousands of cats across the UK each year thanks to our network of dedicated volunteers. The branch secretary provides the support that helps our branch run smoothly. They make a real difference to the lives of our feline friends by helping maintain positive communications, supporting others, promoting the work of Cats Protection and signposting queries from members of the public.
What the role involves:
Skills and experience which are expected and/or can be developed in this role:
- Taking and distributing meeting minutes,
- Identifying and circulating information,
- Supporting the volunteer group in planning activities,
- Managing communication between volunteers and staff,
- Signposting enquiries to relevant team members.
- Strong administration skills,
- Good communication and organisational skills,
- The ability to use own initiative,
- Willingness to be part of a team,
- Basic IT skills to use Cats Protection systems - training and support can be provided.
Our volunteer branch secretaries usually spend 2 to 4 hours a week in this role, which is flexible and can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.