Please take a look at the role description below and, if you think fundraising might be for you, or you would like further information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us on 01908 984799.
Role Description - Fundraising
"I volunteer as a fundraiser for Cats' Protection Bridgend Adoption Centre, because I see the wonderful work they do there looking after the cats. They know all their names, their backgrounds and exactly what type of home they need, e.g. no children, no dogs, indoor home, etc. I feel so proud to be part of that wonderful place." - Sue John, Friends of Bridgend Adoption Centre Group.
How you will make a difference to cats and people:
Cats in our care rely on generous donations from people who love cats, and count on volunteers like you to make those donations happen. Working alongside a team of friendly, enthusiastic volunteers, you will play a key part in raising money and awareness through local fundraising events and activities.
Making a difference to cats can mean raising as little as 18p a day (enough to feed one cat in our care for a day) to a pocket bulging £150 a week (the average cost for a cat in our care) - however much you raise you can make a real difference!
What the role involves:
Skills and experience which are expected and/or can be developed in this role:
- In this exciting role you will assist with organising and running fundraising events in your local area,
- You will have the opportunity to get your thinking cap on and share fundraising ideas in meetings with other volunteers, and then put those ideas into action,
- As well as assisting with the running of events, we encourage you to share your passion for cat welfare and promote our work to the public at the event.
- Ability to work well in a team,
- Good communication skills,
- Confident in dealing with the public,
- Comfortable handling money,
- Knowledge of local community networks would be an advantage.
This is a very flexible role where the hours you will be needed for are dependent upon the fundraising events you are involved in. It is not unusual for fundraising volunteers to spend 2-3 hours volunteering per week in this role.