Please take a look at the role description below and, if you think home visiting might be for you, or you would like further information, please email us at email@example.com, or call us on 01908 984799.
Role Description - Home Visitor
"We feel our volunteering helps go towards finding a loving home for another homeless cat" - Helen and John Mole, Downham Market Adoption Centre.
How you will make a difference to cats and people:
Cats Protection helps thousands of cats across the UK each year thanks to our network of dedicated volunteers. As a home visitor you will help Cats Protection give cats and kittens in our care a second chance of a happy and healthy life by finding an ideal new home for them in your local community.
What the role involves:
A home visitor visits the home of someone interested in adopting a cat from our branch. These are often brief visits to help ensure our cats are going to homes suitable to their needs and will be living in a safe and happy environment. A home visit is also a great opportunity for a adoptee to ask any questions and find a cat that fits their family.
Skills and experience which are expected and/or can be developed in this role:
- Basic knowledge of cats and cat care,
- An appreciation of suitable rehoming environments,
- Good interpersonal skills,
- Good level of record keeping/administration skills,
- Patience and the ability to deal with sensitive situations,
- Good communication skills,
- Committed to working with others to find homes for the cats in our care,
- A valid driving licence would be an advantage.
This is a very flexible role and the amount of time spent volunteering will be dependent on the demand for home visits. The average home visit takes approximately 30 minutes. This role can be shared by more than one volunteer.