Please take a look at the role description below and, if you think transporting cats and equipment, etc by car might be for you, or you would like further information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us on 01908 984799.
Role Description - Transport Volunteer
"I volunteer for Cats Protection because every action changes the world for some cat, somewhere." - Jeanette Greaves, Preston Branch.
How you will make a difference to cats and people:
Cats Protection helps thousands of cats across the UK each year thanks to our network of dedicated volunteers. This is one of the most valued roles within our groups: you will help by collecting and distributing equipment and supplies to other volunteers and staff, and help cats get from A to B! You will play an important part in providing support to other volunteers and staff, enabling them to help cats in our care effectively.
What the role involves:
Skills and experience which are expected and/or can be developed in this role:
- Transporting cats to and from vets, fosterers’ homes and adoption centres,
- Transporting equipment, litter and cat food,
- Transporting equipment to and from events.
- Sound organisation and time management skills,
- Knowledge of local community,
- Full, clean driving licence,
- Physically able to carry out some heavy lifting.
This is a flexible role with time commitment dependent upon the needs of the group, a commitment of 2 to 4 hours per week would not be unusual. This role can be shared with other volunteers.