Please take a look at the role description below and if you think transporting cats and other things might be for you, or you would like further information, please email us at email@example.com
or please call us on 01908 984799.
Volunteer Role Description
‘I volunteer for Cats Protection because every action changes the world for some cat, somewhere.’ Jeanette Greaves, Preston Branch.
How you will make a difference to cats and people:
Cats Protection helps thousands of cats across the UK each year thanks to our network of dedicated volunteers. This is one of the most valued roles within our groups, you will help by collecting and distributing equipment and supplies to other volunteers and staff and helps cats get from A to B! You will play an important part in providing support to other volunteers and staff, enabling them to carry out their roles effectively to help cats in our care.
How volunteering for Cats Protection can make a big difference to you:
What the role involves:
- You will get a lot of personal satisfaction and enjoyment from your volunteering role,
- You will have the opportunity to make a real difference to cats and kittens in your community and across the UK,
- You will be able to develop new skills, expand your knowledge and use your existing expertise,
- You will meet new people, make new friendships and work as part of a dedicated team,
- You will become a key member in the UK’s largest feline charity.
Skills and experience which are expected and/or can be developed in this role:
- Transporting cats to and from vets, fosterers’ homes and adoption centres,
- Transporting equipment, litter and cat food,
- Transporting equipment to and from events.
- Sound organisation and time management skills,
- Knowledge of local community,
- Full, clean driving licence,
- Physically able to carry out some heavy lifting.
This is a flexible role with time commitment dependent upon needs of the group, a commitment of 2 to 4 hours per week would not be unusual. This role can be shared with other volunteers.