Heroes needed to save popular pub quiz
16 January 2018
Our quiz is in jeopardy!Due to changes among our volunteer base, we are looking for more helpers to organise our regular quiz nights – both in the run-up and on the night. We already have some brilliant volunteer helpers who make the night run smoothly, some willing question-writers and an excellent quizmaster to MC proceedings. We also have a great venue (The Digby pub in Erdington) who make us very welcome. We just need someone to coordinate the event (or a couple of people to share the work), and one or two other helpers on the night to make sure many hands make light work!Between the quiz coordinator and helpers, the main tasks include:
- Liaising with pub management to agree quiz dates (usually held on a Thuirsday night once every three months, but not set in stone – no dates committed in 2018)
- Ensuring publicity materials and quiz packs are produced as needed
- Sourcing prizes for the winning team, best team name, raffle etc.
- Attending on the night to keep things running smoothly (registering teams, selling raffle tickets, collecting quiz sheets, scoring, setting up tables, giving out prizes etc)
- Passing funds raised to the branch treasurer
- After the event, providing notes on the event, funds raised etc. to the publicity team
Please share, tag your well-organised/quiz-loving friends, and get in touch to find out more: email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Branch Coordinator, Denise Atkins commented, "The quizzes are always such fun and we always get a great turn out at the Digby. It's traditionally held every 3 months, so it would be a real shame to see it come to an end. We have some dedicated volunteers to help out, we just need a couple more to save the event from extinction!"
Quiz regular Meryl from frequent quiz winners Catatonic said, "We were saddened to hear there might be no more Cats Protection quizzes at The Digby pub. People love them: they are well organised, the quiz master gets it just right, the ladies are lovely and make it work smoothly and successfully and there is a warm and pleasant atmosphere."
So what are you waiting for? Join the team!