12 April 2021
With lockdown easing further today you may be wondering what will be happening here at the North London Adoption Centre.
Whilst our doors are currently closed, we are very much still here and working hard behind the scenes! Since June 2020 we have been operating as an admissions-only centre with our cats then being transferred to our colleagues in the Mitcham and Harrow homing hubs. As of 12th April 2021 we’ve helped 566 cats through our new way of working. This is continuing for at least the next few months, so whilst adopting from us isn’t currently an option here’s what we’re working on:
- Admitting cats in need of rehoming and getting them ready for our colleagues to rehome (admissions are strictly by appointment only)
- Offering advice and support via email and phone
- Accepting socially distanced donations to help us continue our work
- Helping to reunite strays through our social media plus lost-and-found sites
- Signposting to other Cats Protection services and other charities in situations where we are unable to help ourselves
If you would like to adopt a cat, our other branches and centres in London and the Home Counties have plenty of cats available for adoption. To find your perfect match head to www.cats.org.uk/adopt-a-cat where you can find out more about our Hands-Free Homing scheme and view cats available in your area.
The North London Adoption Centre team.