Pen y Fan Sponsored Walk 2018
** Registration for this event is now closed. We would love to have you as part of a trekking challenge, click here to find out all about our Snowdon climb**
Take on the beautiful Pen y Fan summit for Cats Protection's Bridgend Adoption Centre. During the two-to-four hour moderate walk, you will observe stunning mountainous views on the ascent and return leg. The walk takes place in small groups of 10 walkers and is on well-established footpaths. Dogs are welcome but must be kept under close control.
Registration fee – £5
Minimum sponsorship pledge – £50
We understand the commitment, courage and thought that goes into participating in a challenge event on behalf of Cats Protection and promise we will do our very best to give you all the help and support you need to have a successful challenge and raise lots of much-needed funds to help us care for cats and kittens at Bridgend Adoption Centre.
We will also provide you with a dedicated trekkers’ Facebook group to network with fellow cat loving trekkers plus ideas, resources and support to help you fundraise.
On the day
• Walkers will be placed into groups of 10 and groups will be staggered in 15 minute slots. 1 week before the event you will be contacted to confirm your registration time. Registration will start from 9.30am onwards. All walkers should meet at the Pont ar Daf Car Park.
• If you have requested to purchase a Cats Protection t-shirt for the event at a cost of £8.00, you will receive this during registration once payment has been received.
• The National Trust charges £1 per walker to help maintain the facilities in the surrounding area of this walk - included in your registration fee.
• BEFORE EVENT - bring this with you on the day and hand over during registration. Please make sure it is in a sealed envelope clearly marked with your name, event name - Pen y Fan sponsored walk and sponsorship forms.
• AFTER EVENT - please return your money and sponsorship forms to Pen y Fan , Cats Protection, Bridgend Adoption Centre, Green Acres, Pant Hirwaun, Bryncethin, Bridgend, CF32 9UJ, no later than 8 November.
Cheques/ postal orders can be made payable to Cats Protection. Cash is accepted in person at our Adoption Centre – address above. Just Giving payments will be automatically transferred to us.
Kit list - download
Events fundraising handbook - helping you raise cash for the kitty in your sponsored challenge - download
Sponsorship form – download
GoRaise – raise more by shopping online- download
Images and logo to help with your fundraising - download
Frequently asked questions
The two-to-four hour linear walk will take place on well established paths to the top of Pen y Fan.
Walkers will be placed into small groups of 10 walkers and each group will be staggered in 15-minute intervals to avoid overcrowding on the paths.
Registration will start from 9.30am, with the first group of walkers starting at 10am.
Please dress appropriately for this mountainous walk. Layers of clothing and walking boots are recommended.
Please bring your own snacks and water to remain hydrated during this event.
The National Trust charges £1 per walker to help maintain the facilities in the surrounding area of this walk. This will be covered through your event registration fee, so there is no need to pay on the day.
Dogs are welcome but must be kept on a lead. Due to the mountainous nature of this walk, it is not buggy/pushchair friendly.
Car parking is available on site. Fundraising based
to view the FAQs
Participants should aim to raise at least £50 for taking part in this event. Their sponsorship will go towards helping to cover the costs of caring for the cats and kittens at our Bridgend Adoption Centre.
Similar past events