Promotional Terms & Conditions – Cats Protection’s Alternative Cat Awards 2020
Cats must be living in the UK. Owners must be UK residents aged 13 years of age or older and if under 18 years of age will need parent/guardian consent. Entries open 6 August 2020, close noon 21 August 2020. Internet access required. No purchase required. Max one entry per household. How to enter: Entrants will be required to post their videos on their own Twitter or Instagram accounts with the hashtag #AlternativeCatAwards in the accompanying text, max length 2 minutes. All entries will be allocated to one of five categories then judged to select five category winners who will be put to public vote to select overall winner. Footage must have been filmed on or after 23 March 2020 except for #BestNewcomer category entries which must have been filmed during 2020. Prize for five category winners: a year’s subscription to Cats Protection’s The Cat magazine and a goody bag containing cat-related books, stationery, toys and a set of Simon’s Cat badges worth at least £100. The overall winner will also receive two tickets to Cats Protection’s National Cat Awards lunch event on 5 August 2021. Shortlisted runners-up receive a year’s subscription to Cats Protection’s The Cat magazine. Finalists have 3 days to accept selection.
Promoter: Cats Protection, National Cat Centre, Chelwood Gate, Haywards Heath RH17 7TT
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry and claim instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions and all participants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Please retain a copy for your information. Promoter: Cats Protection, National Cat Centre, Chelwood Gate, Haywards Heath RH17 7TT
1. All cats entered into the competition must be living in the UK.
2. The competition is only open to residents of UK (England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland only). It is not open to Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Republic of Ireland residents.
3. Entrants must be aged 13 years of age or older and if under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian’s consent.
4. Internet access required and entrants must have an active Twitter or Instagram account. If you do not have an account you will need to create one in order to participate – you will require an active email address in order to do this.
5. One entry per person, regardless of the number of tweets or Instagram posts made during the Promotional Period. Anyone trying to circumvent this rule by using alternative details including but not limited to creating multiple accounts will be disqualified from this promotion.
6. No purchase necessary to enter. Only one entry per household. Promotional Period:
7. Competition is open to entries between 6.8.2020 and noon on 21.8.20 (the Competition Entry Period). Entry Requirements:
8. Entrants will be required to post their videos on their own Twitter or Instagram accounts with the hashtag #AlternativeCatAwards in the accompanying text.
9. When shortlisting the entries, the judging panel will assign the entries based on their creativity and originality into one of the following five categories:
10. Videos must have been filmed on or after 23 March 2020 except for #BestNewcomer entries which must have been filmed in 2020.
11. The same entry cannot be submitted twice, either by the original entrant or by another person.
12. All video entries must be original and no longer than 2 minutes. Entries must be about the entrant’s own domestic cat and cannot:
14. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups, third parties, agents, organised groups, syndicates or applications automatically generated by computer e.g. the use of ‘script’ or ‘brute force’ will be accepted.
15. No incomplete, invalid, late or corrupted entries will be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise. In the event of this clause being breached, the entrant will be disqualified and any prize awarded will be void. Any malicious or manipulative attempt to influence the prize will result in disqualification at the sole discretion of the Promoter. If there is any reason to believe that incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, refuse to fulfil the prizes.
16. Entrants who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion.
17. By participating in the promotion the entrants licence and grant the promoter an exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Participants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use where the moral rights in respect of the content are theirs to assert. Participants warrant that the materials contain no copyright materials, are their original works, have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any third party and they have full authority to grant these rights. Prizes:
18. The five category winners will each win 1x prize package of a year’s subscription to Cats Protection’s ‘The Cat’ magazine and a goody bag containing cat related books, stationery, toys and a set of Simon’s Cat badges worth at least £100.
19. Winners will be sent their goody bag prizes by Royal Mail parcel post (no signature will be required) to an address they specify when they are contacted by direct message on the social media channel used to make their original entry (see Clause 23) within 28 days of being announced as category winners.
20. The runners-up in each category will receive a year’s subscription to Cats Protection’s ‘The Cat’ magazine. The quarterly magazine will be sent to an address they specify when they are contacted by direct message on the social media channel used to make their original entry (see Clause 23).
21. The overall #PeoplesPurrfectChoice winner will also receive two tickets to Cats Protection’s National Cat Awards lunch event on 5 August 2021. Travel excluded.
22. No cash or other alternative prize will be provided in whole or in part, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control the promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value. The prize is non-transferable. Winner Selection and Notification:
23. The shortlisting panel, including at least one judge independent from the Promoter will review entries based on their creativity and originality in conveying the categories as outlined in Clause 9. The three finalists for each category will be selected by the shortlisting panel. The finalist shortlisting will take place between 21.08.20 and 4.09.20. All finalists will be contacted via direct message on the social media channel used to make their original entry by 4.09.20. Entrants will be asked to provide their name and age, their cat’s name and age, their postal and email addresses, how long they have had their cat, where they got their cat from and any further information they would like to share to support their entry. Entrants are encouraged to monitor their social media connections during this time. In the event of a finalist not responding via direct message within three calendar days to the direct message, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the entitlement and award it to the next best entry selected using the same methodology as above. The process will repeat until an eligible finalist accepts selection. One category winner will then be selected from each category’s three finalists by independent celebrity judges (names will be confirmed on Cats Protection’s website) after all finalists are confirmed between 4.9.20 and 17.09.20, based on their creativity and originality in conveying the category as outlined in Clause 9. The five category winners will be announced on Cats Protection’s website and social media pages on 17.09.2020).
24. Voting: Category winning finalists will then be put to a public vote for the #PeoplesPurrfectChoice on our website www.cats.org.uk. Members of the public will be invited to vote for their favourite finalist between 17.09.20 and 20.09.20 ("Voting Period”). Finalists are prohibited from directly or indirectly seeking any services to obtain votes and must not purchase or reward votes in any way. Any abuse of the voting system, including vote-rigging, social media campaign, vote exchange, membership of a voting group or any kind of vote farming and automated votes, will result in disqualification of the entry. Voting will be strictly monitored by the Promoter and any attempts to manipulate or otherwise unfairly influence the results will result in disqualification of entry/votes.
25. After the close of the voting, each category winner’s score will be recorded based on the number of individual votes received. The category winner with the highest score will be determined as the overall winner of the competition. This decision will be final and absolute.
26. The overall winner of the #PeoplesPurrfectChoice award will be announced on Cats Protection’s website and social media channels on 23.09.2020. The winner plus one guest will be invited to attend Cats Protection’s National Cat Awards lunch at The Savoy, London on 5 August 2021. The invitation to attend will include a two-course lunchtime meal with limited alcohol and soft drinks for two people. Travel, accommodation and any other expenses incurred will be the responsibility of the finalist. If the overall winner is under 18 years of age they will need to be accompanied by a parent/guardian. General:
27. The promoter reserves the right to move entries to an alternative category to the one entered if this is considered more appropriate based on the category descriptions.
28. Numerous factors outside the control of the Promoter may interfere with the operation of Twitter and Instagram. The Promoter does not therefore guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to these websites.
29. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter or Instagram. By entering the promotion, all participants accept that they have no claim against Twitter or Instagram. By entering the promotion, all participants agree to a complete liability release for Twitter or Instagram.
30. Limitations of Liability: The Promoter, its agents or anyone professionally connected to the promotion, cannot assume: any responsibility or liability for: - Any incorrect or inaccurate personal data entry, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions. - Communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regards to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilised in any aspect of this promotion. - Inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet. Regretfully, the Promoter cannot be held liable for system failures with access to the promotional site.
31. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize/gift, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
32. Prize winners agree to execute any further such paperwork as may be necessary to give full effect to these Terms and Conditions.
33. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and the winners including but not limited to asking for address and proof of ID (which they must provide within 14 days) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter is the final arbiter in any decisions, these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
34. The finalists and winners agree to participate in related publicity with no further recompense.
35. For the surnames and counties of the category winners and overall winner, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 3 months of the announcement of the overall winner on 23.09.2020. We reserve the right to refuse any or all such requests. Entrants can object to disclosure, or request that disclosure be limited in scope by contacting email@example.com. We may nevertheless disclose the information to the Advertising Standards Authority if required to do so.
36. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have jurisdiction, unless you live in another part of the UK, in which case your local courts will have jurisdiction.
37. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
38. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside its reasonable control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
40. Entrant’s details will only be held for as long as is necessary to administer this promotion/send the prizes and will not be held beyond this or transferred to any third party without the consent of the entrant.