The award is open to any CP volunteer team, of two or more people of any age, who have done something impressive to bring about a positive result for cat welfare. Entries may be made by volunteer teams themselves, or by staff who wish to nominate a volunteer team. UK residents only, under 18s must have the written consent of a parent or guardian or be involved in family volunteering role.
The competition opens 14 January 2020 and closes noon on Thursday 12 March 2020. To enter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details, the name of your volunteer group and 200 words about the activity you would like to celebrate. Only one entry can be made per volunteering team.
The prize for the winning team is a trophy, 2,000 Group STARS points and a framed photograph of the team. The two runners-up will receive 1,000 Group STARS points and a framed photograph of the team. Three representatives from each of the three finalist teams will be invited to the National Cat Awards Ceremony at The Savoy, London on the afternoon of Thursday 6 August 2020 where the winning team will be announced. Travel, accommodation and food expenses will be covered, as per Cats Protection’s expenses policy.
No re-entries will be accepted and the entries must refer to activities that have taken place since 1 January 2019.
Please note that by entering the competition your team agrees to participate in all awards publicity should it be chosen as one of the three finalists.
Full terms at: www.cats.org.uk/nca-terms
Cats Protection volunteering policy can be found on CatNav here.
Promoter: Media Team, Cats Protection, National Cat Centre, Chelwood Gate, Haywards Heath RH17 7TT
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry and claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and all participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
Promoter: Media Team, Cats Protection, National Cat Centre, Chelwood Gate, Haywards Heath RH17 7TT
1. The competition is only open to residents of the UK (England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland only). It is not open to Channel Island, Isle of Man or Republic of Ireland residents.
2. Under 18s must have the written consent of a parent or guardian or be involved in family volunteering role. Cats Protection’s volunteering policy can be found here on CatNav.
3. Entrants will be required to provide their full name, address, email address and phone number in order to enter. Any incomplete, illegible or defaced entries will be deemed void and not included in the judging.
4. Those unable to enter via email can send a postal entry, including their name and contact details, along with details of their volunteer team’s achievements, to National Cat Awards, Media Office, Cats Protection, National Cat Centre, Chelwood Gate, Sussex, RH17 7TT.
5. Only one entry can be made per volunteering team. Incomplete, illegible, invalid, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
6. Entrants who do not give correct details will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion.
7. No re-entries will be accepted.
8. Entries must refer to activities that have taken place since 1 January 2019.
9. The competition is open to entries between 14.01.2020 and noon on 12.03.2020 (the Competition Entry Period).
10. The same entry cannot be submitted twice, either by the original entrant or by another person.
11. All entries must be original and no more than 200 words. Entries cannot be:
• Violent, negative or/and discriminative of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, or be profane or obscene;
• Promote or be about the use of illegal drugs, tobacco, any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
• Be offensive or be about hate;
• Defame, misrepresent or contain negative remarks about the Promoter or its products, other people, products or companies;
• Contain mention of trademarks owned by others or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
• Contain copyrighted materials owned by others without permission;
• Contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, other than the participants, without permission;
• Communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which the Promoter wishes to associate;
• Depict, and cannot itself be in, violation of any law;
• Show any cat in a harmful situation whether demonstrating signs of anger, hostility or discomfort, or be about a cat living in unsuitable conditions that are therefore not in line with our welfare guidelines.
Any inappropriate or offensive material may be reported to the appropriate authorities
12. By providing an entry, the entrants licence and grant the promoter an exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Participants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use where the moral rights in respect of the content are theirs to assert. Participants warrant that the materials contain no copyright materials, are their original works, have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any third party and they have full authority to grant these rights.
Winner Selection and Notification:
13. The three finalists will be selected by the shortlisting panel, which will consist of at least one independent judge. The finalist shortlisting will take place between 12.03.20 and 01.04.20. The three finalist teams will be contacted by 08.04.20 via the name and contact details supplied on the original entry. In the event of the team not responding within 7 days to the notification that they are a finalist, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the entitlement and award it to the next best entry. Entrants are encouraged to monitor their connections during this time.
14. Voting: The winner of the Star Team Award will be decided via a public vote on our website www.cats.org.uk between 06.07.20 and 13.07.20 ("Voting Period”). Finalists are prohibited from directly or indirectly seeking any services to obtain votes and must not purchase or reward votes in any way. Any abuse of the voting system, including vote-rigging or any kind of vote farming and automated votes, will result in disqualification of the entry. Voting will be strictly monitored by the Promoter and any attempts to manipulate or otherwise unfairly influence the results will result in disqualification of entry/votes. Votes will determine the category winner and this decision will be final and absolute.
15. The category winner will be announced at Cats Protection’s National Cat Awards at The Savoy, London on 6 August 2020. Three representatives from each finalist team will be invited to attend the Awards ceremony. The invitation to attend will include a two course lunchtime meal with drinks. Travel, accommodation and food expenses will be covered, as per Cats Protection’s expenses policy.
16. The winning team will win a prize package consisting of a trophy, 2,000 Group STARS points and a framed photograph of the team. The two runners-up will receive 1,000 Group STARS points and a framed photograph of the team.
17. No cash or other alternative prize will be provided in whole or in part, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control the promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to change the date and/or venue of the awards ceremony in the event of circumstances beyond its control. There is no alternative in part or whole, or in cash or otherwise if the finalist and their guest are unable to attend the awards ceremony.
19. Limitations of Liability:
The Promoter, its agents or anyone professionally connected to the promotion, cannot assume: any responsibility or liability for:
- Any incorrect or inaccurate personal data entry, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions.
- Communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regards to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilised in any aspect of this promotion.
- Inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet
Regrettably, the Promoter cannot be held liable for system failures with access to the promotional app and site.
20. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize/gift, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
21. Conduct of Entry:
i) Entrants of the competition agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to suspend / terminate or extend any offer at any time if it has reasonable grounds for doing so, which may include without limitation an offer being subject to, or affected by, any denial-of service (DOS) attacks, bugs, viruses or any other technologically harmful material or act of hacking by a third party, or in the event of any wilful attempt to breach these terms and conditions.
ii) The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify and remove any entries that do not comply with these terms and conditions.
iii) All entries must be the entrant’s own original work and must not infringe the copyright or other intellectual property rights of any third party. Any entry found to infringe the rights of any third party or found to be copied, or the work of someone else, will be disqualified.
22. Prize winners agree to execute any further such paperwork as may be necessary to give full effect to these Terms and Conditions.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and the winners including but not limited to asking for address and proof of ID (which they must provide within 14 days) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
24. The finalists and winners agree to participate in related publicity with no further recompense.
25. For the full names and counties of the winners, email email@example.com within 3 months of the awards event date (6 August 2020). Entrants can object to disclosure, or request that disclosure be limited in scope by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
26. We may nevertheless disclose the information to the Advertising Standards Authority if required to do so. You may request a copy of the winner’s list by emailing email@example.com We reserve the right to refuse any or all such requests.
27. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have jurisdiction, unless you live in another part of the UK, in which case your local courts will have jurisdiction.
28. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
29. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all promotional matters.
30. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside its reasonable control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
32. Entrant’s details will only be held for as long as is necessary to administer this promotion/send the prizes and will not be held beyond this or transferred to any third party without the approved consent of the entrant.