What we do
As part of the leading feline welfare charity, we follow a vision of a world where every cat is treated with kindness and an understanding of its needs.
At the Tyneside Adoption Centre we uphold the main values held by the charity:
- Cats and their welfare are at the centre of everything we do
- We never put a healthy cat to sleep
- We value and respect our volunteers, supporters and staff
- We are committed to providing a high quality service
- We are open and honest
To help us help more cats:
- We will significantly increase awareness of Cats Protection and our work.
- As the leading authority on cats we will help people better understand their needs in order to improve the welfare of all cats.
- We will help to reduce overpopulation of cats:
- through targeted neutering campaigns and education.
- by directing more resources to the promotion of early neutering.
- We will be doing more research and gathering better data on the impact of our neutering work.
We will home more cats until our work on information, education and neutering reduces the long-term need for homing.