What we do
As part of the leading feline welfare charity, we follow a vision of a world where every cat is treated with kindness and an understanding of its needs.
At the Tyneside Adoption Centre we uphold the main values held by the charity:
- Cats and their welfare are at the centre of everything we do
- We never put a healthy cat to sleep
- We value and respect our volunteers, supporters and staff
- We are committed to providing a high quality service
- We are open and honest
To help us help more cats:
- We will significantly increase awareness of Cats Protection and our work.
- As the leading authority on cats we will help people better understand their needs in order to improve the welfare of all cats.
- We will help to reduce overpopulation of cats:
- through targeted neutering campaigns and education.
- by directing more resources to the promotion of early neutering.
- by doing more research and gathering better data on the impact of our neutering work.
We will home more cats until our work on information, education and neutering reduces the long-term need for homing.