Adopt a cat
We always need homes for our cats but the cats come first so please read the following and keep them in mind.
- A home visit is required before any cat or kitten is homed.
- If you are outside our area please contact your local branch for a home visit.
- Our cats need direct access to the outdoors i.e through front/back door or catflap into a garden, not into a public stairway or through a window.
- We will not rehome an outdoor cat near a busy road.
- All of our cats/kittens are rehomed as outdoor cats unless they are lifelong indoor cats or have certain medical conditions (blind, deaf, FIV etc.)
- We must meet the potential owner of the cat, we do not rehome cats as any kind of surprise present.
- After adopting, if you are no longer able to take care of the cat the cat must be returned to our care.
Before adopting, please remember that cats are not cheap
, that you will have a responsibility to care for them, and that they can live well into their 20s.
Cats Protection ask for an adoption fee
of £80 per cat
or kitten and £110 per pair
. This enables us pay for our cats to be neutered, microchipped, checked by a vet, vaccinated and given flea & worm treatment.
To find out more about adopting a cat, please contact 07976 797711
All our cats are neutered prior to rehoming and we also provide neutering vouchers where possible.
If you would like to discuss neutering vouchers, please contact us on 07824136033
If we do not have many cats advertised please check back as we always have cats waiting to come in to find forever homes.
Some of the cats in our care may not yet be on our website. If you are looking for a feline companion, please contact us on 01383 735 333