Adopt a cat
Could you provide a cat or kitten in Wrexham Adoption Centre their new forever home?
We’re passionate about finding loving, lasting homes for the cats in our care. During the process of adopting a cat from the Wrexham Adoption Centre we’ll consider everything from your potential pet’s personality and how this fits with your lifestyle, to your home environment – creating the perfect match for both cat and owner and the start of a wonderful feline friendship.
During lockdown, we introduced hands-free homing, which has been successful in finding many of our cats and kittens brilliant new owners. We’re continuing to rehome our cats virtually, however are now also offering visits in Wrexham Adoption Centre by appointment, so you have the opportunity to meet your moggy match. If you are interested in any of the cats available for adoption from Wrexham Adoption Centre, please enquire via their listing below or call us on: 03000 12 02 69 You can find out more about rehoming and why to adopt from Cats Protection here.
Please note: to meet any of the cats at Wrexham Adoption Centre, you must have a pre-booked appointment with us.
Here is our guide to adopting a cat using hands-free homing:
· Check you are within a reasonable distance of your chosen centre. You can find your nearest centre by typing in your postcode at www.cats.org.uk/find-us.
· Enquire. If you’ve found a cat on our website that you’re interested in homing, send an enquiry through using our form.
· Cat Matching. Once we have received your form and the cat you are interested in is a good match to your household, we will call you to discuss the adoption further. In this call you will have a chance to discuss everything you need to know about the cat. We can follow up this telephone call with a video call so you can meet the cat virtually, or if you wish to meet the cat that has been matched to you prior to adoption, let the team know and you will be allocated an appointment slot for your visit to the adoption centre.
. Reserve your cat. You will need to provide proof of your address in the form of a utilty bill or bank statement and permission from your landlord (if you live in a rented property). Landlord permission needs to be in writing and obtained prior to being able to reserve your cat. If you wish to take time to consider the adoption, the reservation can be placed on the cat for up to 7 days.
· Adoption. Once you have reserved your cat, you’ll be sent paperwork to sign through email via Adobe Sign. Upon completion of the paperwork we will call you to take the adoption fee of £85 by card payment and arrange a date and time for you to safely collect your cat from the adoption centre.
. Bringing your cat home. If you have been to the centre to meet your cat in person, you may wish to take the cat home with you on the same day. Please let a member of the team know. You will then be asked to complete your adoption paperwork and pay the adoption fee of £85.00 by card payment whilst at the adoption centre.
· Be supported. You’ll receive a follow-up call or email between 4 and 7 days post adoption and a further call or email between 14 and 28 days after the adoption to check that your new arrival is settled in. You can also find help and advice on the Cats Protection website at www.cats.org.uk/advice