Speaking up for cats
"Speaking up for Cats” – what it means
Our Advocacy team speaks up for cats and campaigns for change across the UK. We work with and influence politicians and decision makers to create a better world for cats. All advocacy campaigns are driven by issues of cat welfare.
Jacqui Cuff, Advocacy Manager says: “One of our aims is to make sure cats are not forgotten by decision makers. Cats are often regarded as not needing protection, that they are able to look after themselves. However they do need protection and through our advocacy work we are highlighting where policy change is needed.” Watch our video to see why Speaking up for cats is so important.
Some recent advocacy activity
- Cats and kittens sales campaign - click here
- Manifesto for Cats launch in Parliament - click here
- Membership of the Pet Advertising Advisory Group - click here
- Preventing dog attacks on cats - read our briefing notes
- Raising consumer awareness of lily toxicity to cats - click here
- Calling for a ban on snares - click here
- Review of UK Advocacy in 2015 - click here (This article appeared in the Winter 2015 issue of The Cat magazine)
Ways to get involved
Follow the Advocacy team on Twitter @CPAdvocacy
Write to the Advocacy Manager at; National Cat Centre, Chelwood Gate, Haywards Heath, East Sussex, RH17 7TT
There are many different challenges facing cats today, and part of our work at Cats Protection is to identify ways of achieving the best future for cats in a changing and potentially threatening world.
Take a look at our latest advocacy work on the licensing of cat and kitten sales.