Lost and Found
Please have your cat micro chipped.
Lost Cats Advice:
- Check out all those favourite 'hiding places' one more time – in the house, shed, garage, garden etc, and ask neighbours to do the same.
- Ask people who deliver in the local area if they have seen the cat (postman, newspaper deliverers etc).
- Put advert cards in local shops. post office and all local vets.
- Produce small leaflets and distribute to houses/shops in the local area.
- Put an advert in the 'lost and found' section of the local paper.
- Contact local vets to see if the cat has been taken in.
- Contact local animal rescue organisations.
- Contact us by email on email@example.com.
Found Cats Advice:
If you find a lost cat you can contact Durham Cats Protection by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling Carol on 01429 821500.
If our foster homes are full and we are unable to take the cat into CP care we will put the cat on our 'waiting to come in' list.
We would ask that you feed the cat in the meantime. If you are able to, we can provide food.
If possible take the cat to the vet to have it scanned to see if it has been micro chipped.
If the cat is injured or appears unwell, or is a heavily pregnant female - please tell us immediately. The cat will need to be seen by a vet. If possible, take the cat to your nearest vet. If you do not have transport, we will arrange for someone to take the cat as soon as possible.
Please get your cat micro chipped. Every cat that comes into our care is scanned, if chipped it can quickly be reunited with its owner.