The Carlisle and District Branch are currently looking for suitable people to become cat fosterers at their homes. The Branch will supply all foods, cat litter, litter trays, feeding bowls and veterinary expenses and if you have the space in a large yard or garden, the branch can arrange for a cat pen paid for by the Branch which can house up to two or three cats.
You don't need to be at home all day, just be around in the mornings/evenings for mealtimes. Kittens may need more attention.
Cats Protection foster cats are not allowed outside. If you have cats of your own, foster cats must be kept separate. Foster cats need to be kept "contained" so if you have a spare room where you live this is ideal.
Worried that you may become too attached to your foster cat? Not a problem. Many fosterers adopt cats from Cats Protection. We're just happy that the cat has found a loving home.
Watch this video to find out more about what it means to be a volunteer fosterer: https://youtu.be/uamzoc05Dlo
If you think you could be interested in helping then please contact 03000 121212VOLUNTEER IN THE CATS PROTECTION SHOP -
Castle Street, Carlisle
What can you expect to be doing?
- Serving customers
- Arranging and replenishing stock
- Helping make changes to the shop layout, pricing and stock rotation
- Sharing your passion for cat welfare
- Promoting the work of the Cats Protection
We will be looking for someone with
- A friendly and outgoing personality
- Confidence in handling money
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to be part of a team
- Experience in retail (would be an advantage, but isn’t essential)
For more information please contact the shop directly or check out their facebook page