Regional Event: Zambezi Challenge and Lion Conservation Project

Discover Zambia by water! Join fellow cat lovers on this once-in-a-lifetime canoeing adventure on the mighty Zambezi River.

Eleven days in total, you'll spend three full days of your challenge winding your way downstream in a canoe before camping on the river bank for a truly wild African experience.

You will then learn about lion conservation on a one-day visit to a project in Livingstone and join two safari drives to try to spot lions in the wild, along with other amazing wildlife!

Read the full itinerary here.

Registration Fee – £360
{Can also be split in to two or three consecutive monthly payments.}
Sponsorship options:
Full fundraising – £4,800
{80% of this figure (£3,840) to be raised by 19 May 2022 (12 weeks before departure) and the remaining 20% (£960) by 15 December 2022}
Mixed fundraising - £2,400
Paying half of the trip costs approx. £1,250, 12 weeks before departure (19 May 2022) and fundraising a reduced pledge of £2,400

Reserve your place - this saves you a spot until you are ready to pay the first instalment of your registration fee.

Sign up now - this is the official booking link where you will be asked to pay the first instalment of your registration fee. If you are paying the registration fee in instalments, please select 'bank transfer' or 'cheque' as your payment method, then email accounts@different-travel.com to discuss your payment plan.

We understand the commitment, courage and thought that goes into participating in a challenge event on behalf of Cats Protection. We promise to do our very best to give you all the help and support you need to have a successful challenge and raise lots of much-needed funds to help us care for cats and kittens.

You will be able to join our Facebook group to network with fellow cat-loving supporters and you'll get a Cats Protection technical tee-shirt to train and walk in, plus ideas, resources and support to help you fundraise.

Current travel information