What we do
Our main aim is to care for and rehome unwanted and abandoned cats and kittens. To support this we also:
1) Offer rehoming services to members of the public who can no longer keep their pets
2) Encourage neutering of cats. Cats Protection can help with the cost of neutering your cat or kitten. Vouchers are available for people who receive state benefits, are students or pensioners to get their cat neutered at a reduced cost - £25 towards the cost of neutering a male cat and £40 towards the cost of surgery for a female cat.
3) We facilitate the neutering of feral colonies by trapping and helping with the cost of neutering through a voucher scheme
4) We help with reports of lost and found cats and one of our volunteers is dedicated to following up on reports of stray cats to scan them and hopefully reunite them with their owners. We also take reports of missing cats.
Contact Carole by phone 07946 678264.
5) We promote responsible cat ownership by offering free educational workshops and talks and also have leaflets about the care of cats and kittens. Cats Protection has a wide range of leaflets available giving valuable information on cat care, health and other problems. Most of these are available at our major fund raising events.
Please ring Chris on 02392 582601 for information.
Due to the developing situation with COVID-19 we are taking some extra precautions at this time to try and ensure that we keep our volunteers safe so we can continue to care for cats.
If you would like any advice relating to Cats Protection and our services please contact 03000 12 12 12 or email email@example.com. Response times might be slightly longer than usual.
As this situation is a rapidly changing one we will keep you updated with any changes as they occur, thank you for your patience at this time.