TNR Volunteering Opportunity
09 May 2021
Exciting Volunteering Opportunity
We are looking for volunteers to join our small team of TNR (Trap Neuter & Return) VolunteersA bit about this role:
Unfortunately thousands of cats each year are abandoned or have strayed and rely on charities like Cats Protection for help. Becoming a TNR volunteer is one way you can make a real difference to cats in your local area. Our TNR volunteers help reduce the number of feral cats by raising awareness of our TNR programmes, setting humane traps to safely capture cats, taking them to local vets to be neutered, and hopefully returning them back to their territory. Local TNR programmes are crucial, as feral and abandoned cats present a huge challenge for communities across the UK.What can you expect to be doing?
* Trapping cats using humane methods
* Taking cats to local vets to be neutered
* Returning cats to their territory or finding a suitable alternative
* Regular feeding of feral colonies
* Promoting neutering by building relationships with farmers, land owners and local businessesWhat are the benefits for you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by helping reduce the number of unwanted cats and improving the lives of cats in your local area. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.We’re looking for someone with:
* Basic knowledge of cats and cat care
* Good interpersonal skills
* A well organised and practical approach
* Patience and perseverance
* The ability to deal with sensitive situations
* Good communication skills
* A full, clean driving licence and access to a vehicleTime expectation:
This is a flexible role and the hours will vary depending on the number of cats identified for specific TNR campaigns. Our current TNR volunteers spend about 2 to 3 hours per week in this role which can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.
For more information on this role, or an application form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org