Welcome to Cats Protection
The adoption centre is currently closed to on site visitors, we will continue to rehome cats via Hands Free Homing, please visit the adopt a cat page for more information. We will continue to help cats in most need, please call us and leave details and we will triage when the cat can come into our care.
**COVID-19 UPDATE April 2021**
- We have a wheelie bin at the gate for donations of food, litter etc. Let us know you've left it there by email or phone, please do not come into reception, thank you.
- We are accepting financial donations via our 'Support Us' page on this website or by card over the phone between 9am-4pm, 6 days a week (closed Thursday).
- Adoption enquiries are being taken via an individual cats web page only, please click on Adopt-a-Cat above for more details.
We are still available to give advice or if you need us to take in a cat in need, please call the centre on 01366 382311 and leave a message with your details and we will call you back. Please note we are currently working on split teams and reduced numbers but will endeavour to deal with you enquiry as soon as possible. Alternatively you can email us your details on firstname.lastname@example.org
Any cats for adoption will be advertised on our Adopt-a Cat page click here. No onsite viewing of cats is currently taking place.
Please note the AC is still closed every Thursday, when we do not check emails or voicemails.
Due to the developing situation with COVID-19 we are taking some extra precautions to keep our cats, centre team & our supporters safe.
Please be assured that the cats in our care will continue to receive the best of care. This move is to protect people both internally & externally so we can continue to give that care.
As this situation is a rapidly changing one we will we will keep you updated with any changes as they occur, thank you for your patience at this time.
In 2019 at Downham Market Adoption Centre we helped nearly 800 cats and kittens in a variety of ways, in & around Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, South Lincolnshire & Suffolk. Cats come to us for a variety of reasons – some are well-loved pets who have sadly lost their owners, others are strays who have no home, others are unfortunately unwanted.
When they leave Cats Protection, your cat will have been treated to a top to tail medical. Meaning they will have been:
- Fully examined by a vet
- Vaccinated at least once against flu, enteritis & feline leukaemia
- Treated against fleas, roundworm & tapeworm
- Neutered (including kittens)
- Come with 4 weeks free insurance with PetPlan
With this in mind our adoption fee is currently £80.00 per cat or kitten, your new feline friend also comes with 4 weeks free pet insurance for extra peace of mind.
Office/Telephone Times: Open 6 days a week, 9am-4pm. CLOSED THURSDAYS
. Open bank holidays.
We are closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day & New Year's Day.
For the latest news and information, follow us on Facebook