|Urgently needed: Cat Foster Carers and Reporter Journalist - see links left.
Ways to help by Volunteering
The branch is run entirely by the generosity of volunteers giving up their time. Here are some of the ways in which you can help;
- Help at fund raising events - we regularly attend stalls at various events round the county and are always looking for helpers to run these stalls. It is a great way of helping the cats and kittens in our care as it raises much needed funds and is also a great way of meeting other people. It is good fun!
- Hold a fund raising event - coffee mornings and bring-and-buy sales are always popular events
- Making cakes and preserves - for sale at fund raising events
- Collect - bric-a-brac, tombola prizes, used stamps, articles for sale, cuddly toys, etc
- Fostering - (see pic below) we need people to foster cats and kittens on a short term basis whilst they are looking for their new homes. This could mean the installation of a cat pen in your garden or giving up a spare room for a mum and her kittens. All expenses are paid for by the branch.
- Trapping cats - we have feral colonies which need to be neutered and need volunteers to carry out this vital task
- Home visiting - before a cat or kitten is rehomed, we carry out home visits to make sure the new home and owners are suitable for their chosen cat
- Office duties - If you are patient and have a sympathetic ear we would love you to help us answer the telephone. Dealing with the public in a firm and pleasant manner, you would need to provide advice on a wide variety of topics. There are also various tasks involving paperwork which need to be kept up-to-date.
To find out more about volunteering for the Framlingham & Saxmundam Cats Protection branch, please call us on 01728 723499 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.