What we do
Lichfield and Tamworth Branch is a volunteer-run branch. We cover Lichfield and Tamworth areas with postcodes; WS13, WS14, WS15 3, WS15 4, WS7, B77, B78, B79 and CV9 (Grendon and Atherstone), DE13 0, DE13 7, DE13 8 and DE13 9.
The branch aims to help cats and kittens both in branch care and working with communities to help stray or community cats and feral cats. We do this in the following ways:
- Neutering – we promote the neutering of cats, including owned cats and community or feral cats. Please visit our Neutering page for more information.
- Adoption – we aim to find loving homes for cats which come into Branch care. For more information about adopting a cat from us, please visit our Adoption page for more information.
- Lost and Found Cats – we maintain a gallery of all Lost and Found Cats reported to us. To view the gallery, please visit the Lost and Found Gallery. We can also provide advice and guidance on what to do if you have lost or found a cat. Please visit our Lost and Found page for more information.
- Help Feral Cats –we help communities to manage and care for feral and community cats. Please visit our Help Feral Cats page for more information.
- Education – we offer free educational talks for all ages. Please visit our Education page for more information.
- Rehoming your cat – find out what happens if you have to make the difficult decision to rehome your cat by visiting our Welfare page for more information.
As a volunteer-run branch, we do not have a central adoption centre or base. The cats in our care are looked after by fosterers in either purpose built pens in their garden or dedicated foster rooms within their homes. Cats in branch care are never allowed to roam freely around houses or mix with other cats. This is to ensure we can clean the rooms and pens properly between cats and ensure effective disease control. To find out more about the welfare standards you can expect to find if you are adopting from the branch, please visit out welfare pages.
We are run entirely by volunteers and we couldn’t do any of the above without our brilliant band of volunteers who give up their time to keep the branch running. We are always looking to recruit new volunteers, please check out our volunteer page to find out more.