The valuable work we do for cats across the UK is only made possible through the efforts of volunteers who willingly give up their time and expertise to make a positive difference to cats’ lives.
At our centre we are fortunate to have a wonderfully diverse team of enthusiastic volunteers who help us to provide day-to-day care for all of our cats.Our volunteer team is made up of:
- Cat Care Volunteers: who assist with all aspects of animal husbandry, as well as helping to maintain the clean and safe environment of our cattery.
- Cat Fosterers – who provide daily care for cats in their own homes, providing a temporary residence until the cats are ready to find their forever homes.
- Transport Volunteers – who get our cats from A to B in our ‘cat taxi’, helping to bring new cats to the centre every week for rehoming.
- Publicity Volunteers – our team of publicity specialists who develop brilliant content for our online platforms.
- Induction Support Volunteers – who support our team with volunteer recruitment and administration.
- Work Experience Placements – students on fixed term placements who work with us to gain experience and skills to support their studies.
If you are interested in volunteering in another area you can find out more about other volunteer positions with Cats Protection across the whole of the UK here.
All current volunteer vacancies at the Mitcham Homing Centre are listed below. If you cannot see any positions below for the role you are interested in, we are not currently recruiting new volunteers.
If you are interested in volunteering in North London, please visit the North London Adoption Centre site here.
Please bear with us if you don't hear back regarding a particular role straight away, as we have a lot of interest in volunteering roles. We aim to respond to all messages within a month.
Cheer Squad Volunteer
As a charity, we are only able to help thousands of cats and kittens each year thanks to the donations we receive from generous members of the public. Fundraising events are a great source of income for the charity. As a Cheer Squad Volunteer, you will support Cats Protection’s event participants make it through their challenge by cheering them on at selected cheering points along event routes. You will also be instrumental in raising awareness and representing the charity.
Closing date: 27 Apr 2020