Due to the developing situation with COVID-19 we are taking some extra precautions at this time to try and ensure that we keep our staff, volunteers and customers safe.
The centre is currently closed to visitors and we are unable to take on new volunteers at present. As this situation is a rapidly changing one we will keep you updated with any changes as they occur, thank you for your patience at this time.
The valuable work we do for cats across the UK is only made possible through the efforts of volunteers who willingly give up their time and expertise to make a positive difference to cats’ lives.
At our centre we are fortunate to have a wonderfully diverse team of enthusiastic volunteers who help us to provide day-to-day care for all of our cats.Our volunteer team is made up of:
- Cat Care Volunteers: who assist with all aspects of animal husbandry, as well as helping to maintain the clean and safe environment of our cattery.
- Cat Fosterers – who provide daily care for cats in their own homes, providing a temporary residence until the cats are ready to find their forever homes.
- Transport Volunteers – who get our cats from A to B in our ‘cat taxi’, helping to bring new cats to the centre every week for rehoming.
- Publicity Volunteers – our team of publicity specialists who develop brilliant content for our online platforms.
- Induction Support Volunteers – who support our team with volunteer recruitment and administration.
- Work Experience Placements – students on fixed term placements who work with us to gain experience and skills to support their studies.
If you are interested in volunteering in another area you can find out more about other volunteer positions with Cats Protection across the whole of the UK here.
All current volunteer vacancies at the Mitcham Homing Centre are listed below. If you cannot see any positions below for the role you are interested in, we are not currently recruiting new volunteers.
If you are interested in volunteering in North London, please visit the North London Adoption Centre site here.
Please bear with us if you don't hear back regarding a particular role straight away, as we have a lot of interest in volunteering roles. We aim to respond to all messages within a month.
Fundraising events organiser
As a charity we are able to help thousands of cats each year thanks to the generous donations we receive from members of the public. Our fundraising events organisers have the exciting and varied role of helping plan and deliver local fundraising events to raise the vital funds needed to help our feline friends. Our fundraising events organisers use their passion for cats and people to plan cake sales, barn dances, quiz nights and everything in between.
Closing date: 13 Aug 2021
Social media volunteer
Our social media volunteers use their passion and knowledge of social media to promote the activities of local volunteer groups and teams though various channels. Our social media volunteers directly help cats by raising awareness of Cats Protection. A higher profile can help us raise the funds we need for our work, ensure people know they can adopt a cat from us, promote neutering and enable us to share our messages about great cat welfare with as many people as possible.
Closing date: 13 Aug 2021