The North Birmingham Branch is run entirely by volunteers. We are completely self-funded and rely on the continuing generosity of supporters.
Make a donation
Make A Donation
Your donations, no matter how large or small, will make a huge difference to the lives of the unwanted cats and kittens in our care. Without you we simply wouldn't be able to continue with our valuable work. Thank you for your support.
Click Here to Make a Donation to North Birmingham Cats Protection
How can you Help Us?
As well as making a one-off or regular donation there are many other ways where you can show your support.
You could make a food donation - thanks to the support of several local supermarkets, you can donate food to the cats and kittens in our care. Collection bins can be found at Sainsburys Mere Green, Tesco, New Oscott, Sainsburys Castle Vale and the Veterinary Clinic Chester Road. Kind supporters buy extra food and pop it in the collections bins – a good way of recycling the flavours your own cat turns his whiskers down at! With so many moggie mouths to cater for, feeding can be an expensive business, so your help is invaluable and much appreciated. Miooow!
Or/and volunteer! Spare time on your hands? We are keen to recruit passionate, positive people with commitment and drive – maybe you could help us maintain and develop the Branch. Do look out for our events - via our news stories, events pages and Facebook - come along and see what we do and cat-chat with us about how you could help and get involved. For more information on how and where you could make a difference, please view our News or Volunteering Opportunities page.
Attend one of our Events These range from Pub Quizzes to Bucket Collections at local supermarkets. We advertise these not only here on the website but on our Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/northbirminghamcatsprotection
The News page keeps you up to date with all the activities of the Branch.
We have a shop on the High Street in Erdington please visit us. https://www.facebook.com/CatsProtectionErdington/ It raises vital funds for the Branch. The shop sells recycled clothing, shoes, handbags and some brand new homewares and cat related items. Good quality donations of clothes (especially women's clothes) are very welcome.
How do we use your generous support?
Your support is vital in allowing the Branch to continue. Without your support we could not continue as a viable source of help for cats in the North Birmingham area.
Your donations are used
- to fund the extensive and expensive veterinary bills. All cats and kittens that come into the Branch are given an immediate health check and any issues discovered managed. We neuter every cat and kitten that comes into the Branch. All are given the relevant vaccinations.
- we have purpose-built cat cabins to care for our foster cats until a forever home can be found for them. These need to be heated and maintained.
- our foster cats need to be fed. They need litter.
- we have a Branch van that needs to be maintained and fuelled so that our welfare team can respond to help the cats and kittens in our area.
- we undertake a large program of trapping, neutering and returning feral/community cats.
- we support the neutering of cats for those on low incomes or benefits
- funds are needed to keep this vital work happening.