"I am very proud to be a part of Cats Protection - it is the best hobby in the world!!!"
Sam, Cats Protection Fosterer
Are you pragmatic, flexible and a real team player? Do you love cats as much as we do?
Then consider volunteering with the North Herts Cats Protection Branch!
We're looking for committed cat-loving volunteers to help in areas such as:
- Home visitors - Such a rewarding role, having a key part in the re-homing of our cats and kittens by visiting potential owners in their own homes.
- Fostering a cat or kittens for a short time until a new home is found. A really hands-on job which can be done in a spare room or cat cabin in your garden.
- Rescue work - Helping unwanted, stray and abandoned cats and kittens.
- Cat Care and Welfare
- General Admin and Support
- Making hideaway boxes/bedding/cat nip toys for the cats in our care
- Committee Members - such as Branch Coordinator and Treasurer
- Helping at events - We always needs people to help set up and staff our stalls at events. It's a great opportunity to meet like-minded people and have some quality cat chat!
- Publicity and Communications
- Collecting/sorting bric-a-brac - If you like a rummage and have wheels, this could be the ideal role for you!
- Have a collecting box at work and/or home and collect all that spare change to help fund our branch.
- Car booters - Do you love car boot sales and fancy doing some for our branch (with our goods)? We're ready to go if you are!
It's up to you how much and when you help. You can work as well as volunteer with us - most of us fit our volunteering around our full-time jobs.
The qualifications we ask for, apart from the love of cats, are that you have a sense of humour and can work as part of a team. You will have to remain calm and logical in difficult situations and not let your heart rule your head. You will meet some interesting people and gain a sense of achievement from doing your bit to assist the poor, sick and needy cats in the North Herts area.
Please contact us if you're interested in joining our enthusiastic team!
North Herts Cats Protection really needs some urgent help in the role of
You will need to be able to drive and have a clean licence, and be good with people (and cats of course).
The main requirements of the role are:
- To act as the main point of contact for people handing a cat to the branch;
- To ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed from when the cat comes into our care until we can rehome (the best bit) and maintaining a full paper record;
- To prioritise the list of incoming cats to ensure that all cats are dealt with quickly;
- To ensure that fosterers have adequate supplies of food and other basic requirements such as litter and litter trays;
- To assess potential new fosterers;
- To ensure that cats in branch care are looked after in accordance with Cat Care Standards;
- To liaise with vets, fosterers, CP veterinary officers etc to ensure the best course of action is taken for any cat;
- To ensure that all cats and kittens are neutered at the appropriate time and prior to rehoming and ensure that all cats in our care are vaccinated before rehoming takes place.
You won't be on your own - there are other people to help and once we have the right person you can start to build your own team. Training will also be given and lots of support is available.
A more detailed role description is available on request. If you are interested in this role, please get in touch using the form on the Contact Us page or call us on 01438 228877, and a member of our team will be happy to have a chat.
Cats Protection HQ provide optional training to all of our volunteers, to ensure we are all working towards the same goal, and so that we all have the best possible understanding of the welfare needs of cats in our care.
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please get in touch - we look forward to hearing from you!