Lost & Found Volunteer Needed
Due to a change of roles among our branch team, we're looking for a new Lost and Found Volunteer.
As a volunteer you need to be enthusiastic, committed (years rather than months), reliable, resilient, organised, a good communicator (confident on emails and on the phone) and be able to work as part of a team. Training will be provided but the role will involve regular (most days) checking of emails and responding to phone enquiries and requests for help.
In return you will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens in your area. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers. Please note that all meetings and training now takes place virtually online over MS Teams due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Please email the Branch on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you further details.
Volunteer Fosterers Needed
Do you love cats and want to help with the rehabilitation of stray, abandoned or unwanted cats; looking after them while they are in Cats Protection care until they find their forever home?
You can become involved with the work of the Branch (as much or as little as you wish) and be part of a small, friendly team of dedicated volunteers.
We will provide you with a single pen for your garden, equipment and supplies of cat food and litter, along with training and lots of support.
In return you need to:
- be kind, caring and patient and have an understanding of cats’ basic needs and be confident handling cats
- be prepared for lots of cleaning of your pen and equipment including emptying litter trays and dealing with cat poo and vomit
- be prepared to make a minimum three year commitment to fostering
- own your property (in our Branch area) and have room in your garden for a pen (minimum 5’ x 14’ space)
- be able to drive and have transport to collect/take cats to/from the vets and collect supplies (lifting large bags of litter and food)
- be happy to contact by telephone potential adopters and arrange visits to your property to meet and adopt your foster cats
- be able to use email to communicate with other volunteers, send photos of your foster cat and be able to complete adoption paperwork.
If you are interested please contact us with your details and we will ring you for an informal chat - a good sense of humour is also essential!
Please email email@example.com or ring our local Branch number 0345 260 1383 – we’d love to hear from you.