Adopt a cat
Our new hands-free homing process
We have put extensive procedures in place to make sure that our homing process is in line with current government guidance, without putting adoptees or our volunteers at risk.
Here is our guide to adopting a cat using hands-free homing
- Check you are within a reasonable distance of your chosen branch. You can find your nearest branch by typing in your postcode at www.cats.org.uk/find-us
- Enquire. If you’ve found a cat on our website that you’re interested in homing, click the Contact link at the bottom of their page or call us.
- Reserve your cat. If you’re found to be a match for your chosen cat, you’ll be contacted via phone or email to discuss. You may be asked for proof of your address and the consent of your landlord (if you live in a rented property)
- Adopt. Once you have reserved your cat, you’ll be sent paperwork to sign and you’ll make a further telephone appointment with our team. In this call, you’ll have a chance to discuss everything you need to know about your cat. You’ll then pay an adoption fee by bank transfer.
- Taking your cat home. Once this is finalised, we’ll arrange for you to collect your cat in a Covid safe manner.
- Be supported. You’ll receive a follow-up call or email around three, seven and 21 days after the adoption to check that your new arrival is settled in. You can also find help and advice on the Cats Protection website at www.cats.org.uk/advice
We frequently have adult cats looking for permanent homes and occasionally have kittens. As well as the cats listed on the website there are others who are not yet ready to be homed, so please contact us even if you can't spot the cat of your dreams online!
There are currently no cats available here.