Volunteering with Cats Protection can be very enjoyable and rewarding. We are currently looking for people to help with the following roles:
- As a Cat Fosterer you will be directly helping cats and kittens in need, giving them hands-on care and working with others to re-home them, providing them with a second chance of a happy and healthy life. You will provide temporary care and accommodation in purpose-built cat pens in your garden or outdoor space, or in an adapted spare room in your home. You will be provided with all equipment, materials and supplies.
- As a Welfare Assistant Volunteer you will assist the Welfare Team leader with day to day enquiries/calls from the general public, to help prioritise cats coming into the branch. You will also help with the transportation of cats between vets and fosterers, in your own car or the branch van. The Role would suit someone who has free time during the day; it would help if you are organised and motivated, and can work as part of a team with Cat Fosterers and the Welfare Team Leader.
- As a Trap, Neuter and Return Volunteer you will be participating in the Cats Protection Trap Neuter and Return (TNR) Programme, which involves trapping the cat, taking the cat to a local vet to be neutered, returning the cat to their habitat or finding a suitable alternative home. In addition, you may also be involved in regularly feeding local feral cat colonies
- As a Home Visitor you will carry out home visits before we re-home a cat or kitten. This involves visiting members of the public in their own homes, talking to them about the process involved, answering their questions and providing information and advice for when their new arrival comes home.
- As a Fund-raising Volunteer you will help out at various fund-raising events throughout the year including fetes, fayres, jumbles, festivals, sponsored events.
- As Maintenance Volunteer you will carry out maintenance tasks when required; painting, fixing fixtures and fittings, and generally maintaining Cats Protection premises, grounds, equipment and vehicles. You will work in line with heath and safety and Cats Protection policies and procedures.
- As a Legacy Volunteer you will work alongside our volunteer groups and act as an ambassador for Cats Protection in the promotion of legacy giving in your local community. You will be the first point of contact for people interested in leaving a legacy to the charity and respond using Cats Protection documentation.
If you are interested in any of these roles, please contact us on 0345 260 1076, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- As an Enquiries Volunteer you will be the first point of contact for in responding to enquiries from the general public. You will liaise with different members of your volunteer group for support in providing comprehensive information in response to specific queries when necessary and you will sometimes signpost queries and requests to the National Cat Centre.
or fill in the form below.
- As a Shop Volunteer you will assist with the day to day running of the shop by serving customers and sorting, steaming, pricing, arranging and replenishing stock. You may also be involved in assisting the shop manager and other members of the team in discussing and implementing changes to shop layout and pricing, etc. Sharing your passion for cat welfare and promoting the work of the charity will also be important when talking to our customers.
If you can spare a few hours a week to help in the shop fill in the below form, call 0345 260 1076
or pop in and see us at:
Stourbridge, Dudley & Wyre Forest
27 Lower High Street
Opening times are between 9:00am
on Monday to Saturday.
Shop assistant volunteer
Our Cats Protection shops play a key part in raising the funds needed to help thousands of cats and kittens each year. Our shop assistant volunteers help with all aspects of the day to day running of one of our fantastic shops. They serve customers, help with stock rotation, create displays - and everything in between! They are part of a passionate retail team that make sure our shops are enjoyable places for customers to visit, leading to repeat custom and vital funds being raised to help our feline friends in need.
Closing date: 05 Nov 2021