Lost and Found
We operate a Lost and Found service at Anglia Coastal Branch. If you would
like to report a lost cat or notify us of a cat you have found please contact us
on our Helpline number 0345 3714202 (Mon-Fri 8.30am- 6pm, Sat 9am - 3pm)
Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/CatsProtectionAngliaCoastal
Our main website Anglia Coastal at http://www.cats.org.uk/angliacoastal
email firstname.lastname@example.org (we aim to reply within 48 hrs)
If the cat is sick or injured then please ring the RSPCA on 0300 1234 999.
If your cat is missing :
- Thoroughly check your property, all rooms, cupboards, boxes, sheds, garages and vehicles
- Check gardens, bushes - a torch is useful at night
- Put some posters up locally, place in shops, garages, post offices
- Ask locally if anyone has seen your cat
- Contact local veterinary practices, notify us your local Cats Protection Branch - we need to know colour,
sex, age, if microchipped, if wearing collar, identifying features and date last seen.
- Please e-mail or post usa photo if possible
- Contact other agencies/animal charities
When your cat returns please don't forget to notify all the people you have contacted!
If you find a cat:
- Ensure the cat is indeed lost!
- If the cat is friendly and in good condition it may belong to someone.
- Ask neighbours if their cat is missing
- Put up posters locally
- Ascertain if possible, the sex of the cat and estimate its age.
- Take note of cat's colour and whether it has a collar
- If possible take to a vet to see if it has a microchip
- Notify vets, Cats Protection, other agencies
- Please offer the cat food and water and some shelter until help arrives.
Please be aware that our Branch is often full to capacity but we can always place details
of the cat on our web site, but can rarely collect a cat immediately.