Adopt a cat
Under the current lockdown York Cats Protection Adoption Centre is offering a limited Hands Free Homing process where appropriate.
Members of the public cannot visit the Centre at this time.
Due to the ongoing situation with COVID-19 we need to be careful to keep our staff, our cats and members of the public safe.
If you wish to adopt a cat please follow the guidelines below.
- Please contact the Centre through the Contact Us form. As well as completing all fields in the form please provide additional details in the comments box, including information about any other pets, children, working arrangements, the kind of cat you would like to adopt etc.
- We will then phone you and go through our Homefinder Questionnaire to help us match you with the most suitable cats we have in our care. We can share photos and possibly videos of these cats to help you decide which cat you think might be the one for you.
- Once you have reserved a cat we need some time to prepare them for the next chapter in their new lives, and you will need some time to get your home ready for their arrival. We will go through everything you need to know about settling your cat into their new home, things like diet, litter tray arrangements, medical history, any particular feline behaviours they may display etc.
- We will exchange the relevant signed paperwork with you via email.
- We will then make an appointment to bring you the cat within the next 7 days, following strict social distancing measures. We are only able to offer this adoption process within a 10 mile radius of the Adoption Centre.
- Our Adoption Fee is currently £95 per cat.
- If you or anyone in your household is displaying any symptoms of COVID-19 we would respectfully ask that you do not try to start adopting a cat until you are symptom free for 14 days.
Please be aware that some of the cats in our care will not be suitable to be adopted in this manner and therefore the availability of suitable cats may be limited.
There are currently no cats available here.