What We Do
The Aberystwyth and District Branch of Cats Protection can advise on all matters of cat welfare:
- We admit unwanted and abandoned cats or those that need rehoming for various reasons to our foster homes (subject to space being available), and match them with loving homes
- We facilitate veterinary care for ill or injured stray cats in our care who have no one to care for them
- We provide assistance with the cost of neutering, please visit the Cats Protection website here
- We help facilitate the neutering of feral cats / colonies
- We advertise lost & found cats from the local area, in the hopes of reuniting them with their owners. See our Face book page here
- For stray/found cats, we advertise them on our facebook page in case an owner is looking for them. If they are admitted, we keep them for a minimum of two weeks to see if they are claimed and after that, the cat is neutered, vaccinated and then placed up for adoption.
If you are concerned about the welfare of a stray cat, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately we do not have the resources to deal with cruelty cases. If you have concerns over the neglect or ill-treatment of a cat, please call the RSPCA on 0300 1234999 or 01239 810595.