Adopt a cat
We do not have a centre to visit in this area; all of our cats and kittens are with foster carers at their own homes
Here is our guide to adopting a cat using our homing process
· If you have seen a cat or kitten on our website or our Facebook page that you’re interested in adopting or just want more information, please send an enquiry by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a phone number or ring our contact centre 01942 465321 during office hours. We will get back to you for a chat and will go through our Homefinders Questionnaire with you. We may ask for proof of your address and the consent of your landlord (if you live in rented property). We consider all applications and then contact the one we think is the best fit for the cat. If you are the best match tor the cat, you may have the opportunity to see the cat in the foster home.
If you aren't successful on this occasion we will send you a message, please keep looking at our other cats on the website, we are sure we will have the right one for you before long.·
· .If you decide you definitely want to adopt the cat, we will ask you to sign some paperwork and you will receive copies. You’ll pay an adoption fee, usually by bank transfer. Our adoption fee is £80 for cats and £100 for kittens under 6 months old.
· You will either collect the cat from the foster home, or your cat will be delivered to you. You’ll receive a follow-up call or email around three, seven and 21 days after the adoption to check that your new arrival is settled in. You can also find help and advice on the Cats Protection main website at www.cats.org.uk/advice
Before you adopt a cat, your new addition will
• be vet checked
• had at least their first vaccination (against flu, enteritis and leukaemia)
• be neutered
• be treated for fleas and worms
• be microchipped
• they will also come with 4 weeks free insurance from Petplan
We welcome your enquiries. We will contact you to discuss your circumstances and the kind of cat that would fit with you. The process of ‘matching the right cat to the right home’ will include a virtual home visit.
An added benefit of adopting from us is that it means we will have space to bring another needy cat into our care, so you are helping two cats.
You can view cats ready for adoption here, but there are others in care who are not quite ready as yet. If you don't see a suitable cat on this page, please get in touch to let us know what type of cat you are looking for. Just email email@example.com with a phone number or ring our call centre 01942 465321 during office hours and will will get back to you.
We would love to hear from you!
If you are adopting a cat, here is some useful information about welcoming your new arrival home. Just click here